Keep us a strong and independent voice for global justice: contribute today!
German Interior Ministry Internet Expertise re internet spying and censorship, 17 Feb 2009
- DOWNLOAD/VIEW FULL FILE FROM
1. Has been released this morning by Alvar Freude in his blog http://blog.odem.org/2009/03/bmi-interna.html
2. It is an internal expertise from the ministry of interior of Germany, challenging the viewpoint that internet communication is subject to german telecommunications secrecy and that blocking of thousands of website as planned by the interior ministry does not violate basic rights
3. Anyone interested in internet censorship
4. Alvar Freude <[email protected]> who is the original recipient of the document
5. Mr. Freude is a jury member of the "big brother award" so he is well known for his concern about online rights and privacy. He received it by anonymous snail mail6. The planned blocking of websites - either by passing a law (interior ministry) or calling on "voluntary" blocking by providers (favoured by ministry of family affairs)